<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 22, 2008




ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL

The political signs are blooming in front yards in my little corner of Northeast Ohio, especially in the recent couple of weeks. Judge signs. Representative signs. Strangely, there is a dearth of presidential signs. Occasionally I find a McCain or Obama out there, but if I didn't already know it, I'd suspect there wasn't going to be a presidential race this year. Why is that? Could it be because most of us up here in Northeast Ohio still haven't made up our minds? If this is typical, one of those signs might be worth preserving for posterity! But what do I know...!

Susanna sent in an article in The [Philadelphia] Bulletin about Black support for McCain. While 95% of the Black community is expected to vote for Obama, some Black leaders have emerged as McCain supporters. One particular leader is especially interesting, Dr. Alveda King, wife, mother, Director of African-American Outreach, Gospel of Life Ministries, and most significant, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King.

"I am very excited about the McCain-Palin ticket, simply because they support the values that mean the most to me," Ms. King said. "It is a plus to me that Sarah Palin is a woman because I've been elected to office as a wife and mother. I've been appointed to office as a woman and at the time I was a mother and became a grandmother." 



Ms. King said her experience taught her she could both be a good mother and still serve the public. This is something she has in common with Gov. Sarah Palin, R-Alaska, McCain's running mate.

However, the most important reason she is backing the McCain-Palin ticket is its commitment to the pro-life cause.


How refreshing for a change! She proves that at least some Black voters are not racist and have given some thought to how they are going to vote, considering that the majority of abortions wipe out the lives of black babies. I bet she would join me in casting a vote for Alan Keyes if he ever appeared on the ballot.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>