<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 10, 2008




FROM THE EMAILBOX

Spirit & LifeĀ®
"The words I spoke to you are spirit and life." (Jn 6:63)

Human Life International e-Newsletter
Volume 03, Number 31 | Friday, August 08, 2008
..................................................................................

www.hli.org

Internet Blasphemy

As if we needed more evidence of the growing rejection of God in our modern world, in July, a college professor in Minnesota, Paul Myers, publicly vowed to desecrate the Eucharist to make a point about his sick atheistic beliefs. Apparently now he has done the blasphemous deed with the help of someone who sent him a Host stolen from a Mass in London. This person posted a video of the theft on the internet proving that the arrogant sin of one has spawned the sacrilege of another. Unfortunately, in the internet age, it is likely that this kind of crime against Our Lord will generate even more profanity. Never in the history of the world has there been such a deep-seated and wide-spread campaign of blasphemy against Jesus, and there is only one word for it - satanic.

Prof. Myers claims to be a militant atheist; I only hope, for the sake of his own soul, that he is invincibly ignorant of the terrifying consequences of his "faith." In this society, the First Amendment allows him to practice any religion, including atheism, which is a belief system that generally appeals to narrow-minded people like liberal college professors, newspaper editors and Hollywood elites. Yet, even so, he is not entitled to maliciously desecrate the beliefs and Sacraments of others! His act of sacrilege should be taken as a heinous offense against any and all of us who believe in God.

Myers claims to have deliberately desecrated the Most Holy Eucharist last month. These were the words that the professor from hell posted on his blog explaining this satanic act: "I thought of a simple, quick thing to do: I pierced it with a rusty nail (I hope Jesus's tetanus shots are up to date). And then I simply threw it in the trash, followed by the classic, decorative items of trash cans everywhere, old coffee grounds and a banana peel. My apologies to those who hoped for more, but the worst I can do is show my unconcerned contempt."

That was apparently a fulfillment of his public promise to desecrate the Host where he invited others to join him in this conspiracy against our Lord: "Can anyone out there score me some consecrated communion wafers? There's no way I can personally get them - my local churches have stakes prepared for me, I'm sure - but if any of you would be willing to do what it takes to get me some, or even one, and mail it to me, I'll show you sacrilege, gladly, and with much fanfare. I won't be tempted to hold it hostage..., but will instead treat it with profound disrespect and heinous cracker abuse, all photographed and presented here on the web. I shall do so joyfully and with laughter in my heart." Nothing could please the devil more.

Sadly, the person who allegedly stole the Host from the London Oratory placed a video of his connivance on the internet which pictured the Sacred Species next to a condom, blaming the Vatican for the AIDS pandemic in Africa. (I did mention that these people were "narrow-minded," didn't I?)

Our response to these escalating crimes: to renew our Baptismal promises. We forcefully "reject Satan and all his works and all his empty promises," and we reject these particular acts of sacrilege against our Blessed Lord. And as for Prof. Myers and his co-conspirators in blasphemy - let them be forewarned that the malice they show now will be the malice they receive from their unclean spirits who will have an eternity to take it out on them. We, as men and women of faith, will simply pray for their wretched souls to be saved from this evil that grips them.

The Oratorians of London have issued a general call for people of faith this week to make reparation for "all the outrages against the Blessed Sacrament around the world." Given the new glut of internet blasphemy these days, we have our work cut out for us.

Sincerely Yours in Christ,

Rev. Thomas J. Euteneuer,
President, Human Life International



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>