<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 05, 2008




POPE LOTTERY

Kathleen Bielenberg of York County calls it a "once-in-a-lifetime chance." She and her husband will be among about 50 Peninsula residents celebrating Mass with Pope Benedict XVI when he visits Washington, D.C., later this month.

"I'm very excited, and I feel blessed to be able to see him," says Bielenberg, who attends St. Kateri Tekakwitha Catholic Church. "I feel that God picked me special."

More than 8,000 people in the Catholic Diocese of Richmond entered a lottery for the fewer than 400 slots available. Frances Jarabak and her husband, who attend Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church in Newport News, were lucky winners as well.


Continue reading...


I wonder what it cost to enter, and who got the profits?

Is this a lottery you would have entered?



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>