<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 23, 2007




SYNCRETISM STEW

Mix together:

- A pope who promotes interreligious dialogue
- A parish where a Sedar meal is held in Holy Week
- The Luv Gospel
- The WWW
- Madonna's fascination with Kabbalah
- Rav Laitman/Bnei Baruch Center

Allow to simmer for 25 years, then serve.

I would suggest that an example of a person fed on this sort of stew can be found at Beulah's Insights: Kabbalah and Attaining God.

Beulah writes:

Full disclosure: I am a Roman Catholic - my confirmation name is Teresa, after Teresa of Avila - and among my favorite Catholics are Gary Wills, Thomas Aldworth, Erasmus, Father Thomas P. Doyle, Francis of Assisi and Madonna. I love my faith. However, I especially love those who aren't afraid to question the faith and try to elevate spirituality - independent thinkers who some Catholics and those of other denominations don't believe are true Christians. If you know these amazing people, you know that's not true.

Through my Jewish friends I have learned more about Kabbalah. Two weeks ago I began a Kabbalah class through Bnei Baruch. Kabbalah is not religion; instead, it teaches those who seek it how to attain God. I am enjoying my lessons and learning more about myself and the world I currently reside in. We can change the world by loving our neighbors as ourselves and becoming more tolerant.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>