<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 14, 2007




HERESY ON THE RIGHT

Someone has asked in a comments box what I mean by that.

I would place on the right:

Eucharistic Adoration
Solemn, reverent Masses
Gregorian chant
The Rosary
Apparitions
Piety
Conservative dress/chapel veils
Latin
Novenas
Statues
Scapulars
Medals
Veneration of the saints
Litanies
Formal prayer
Kneeling

There's more, but you get the idea.

On the Left I would place:

Guitar Masses
Contemporary hymns
Bongo drums
The social gospel
Wreckovated churches
Liberation theology
Extemporaneous prayer
Gay Masses
Charismatic Renewal (though this has elements of the right as well, so it's a tough call)
New Ecclesial Communities
Standing for communion
Iconoclasm
Priests in non-clerical clothing
Nuns in street dress
Vaished tabernacles

I'm sure you can add to the list.

Conservative/Traditional Catholics take it for granted that, while there are authentically Catholic elements in my Left list, there are blatant departures from the faith as well. When I speak of heresy on the right, I am talking about a distortion of those Traditional elements of Catholicism, listed above, that at first glance appear to be traditional, but upon further digging turn out to be heretical.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>