<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 21, 2007




CANCER JOURNAL

I had the last dose of chemo on May 24, followed up by a PET scan and a CT scan. The PET shows where in the body cancer can be found.

Today I had a follow-up appointment with my oncologist. The PET scan showed, in her words, that "the cancer is resolved", meaning none currently shows up.

Next step is a meeting with the surgeon and a radiologist to see if surgery and radiation are warranted.

My oncologist expects the cancer to "revisit". When I asked her how long--5 years? She responded "in months." So I'm not out of the woods yet, but it was good news in that I was prepared to learn that it had spread further rather than that it is resolved.

I have a new hormone suppressant drug to take daily. Haven't taken the first dose yet, but am hoping it will not trigger the asthma as the other one did.

In any case, your prayers seem to be working.

The chocolate martini I had when my husband and I went out for a celebration lunch was delicious! SmileyCentral.com



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>