<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 23, 2007




CANCER JOURNAL - I'M BACK

Ahhhhh...that was certainly fun! My daughter and I spent four days in Columbus shopping and eating international cuisine. The charge card is still warm!

Four malls down there put too many miles on our shoes and blisters on my feet, but I was able to find a dress for an upcoming wedding and bought it in three sizes so one of them is sure to fit when it's time to go, no matter what the chemo does to my body. The clearance sales were spectacular. We loaded the car with bags, and my husband didn't even throw a fit. (Yup, cancer has its up side!) I have a new winter wardrobe at pennies on the dollar, and will simply have to be here next winter to wear the stuff. Columbus is such a lively place with sunshine instead of this gloomy northeast Ohio weather that we came home to.

We ate Italian food at California Pizza Kitchen, Irish food at Fodo, and Turkish food at Cafe Istanbul. The Bloody Mary at my favorite Columbus restaurant, Spagio's, was memorable (Are they always that strong? That one was my first). But best of all were the cream puffs from Schmidts, and the chocolate mousse cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. The best part about eating out with my daughter is that we both order something different and then split our dinners so we get to taste two dishes instead of just one.

I see that the blog counter must have reset itself yet again while I was gone, and my email account is not accessible today, so if anyone sent me email, don't be surprised if I don't answer right away.

Talked to our lawyer yesterday and learned that he has a Power of Attorney for Health Care but not a Living Will. His reasoning...he doesn't trust the doctors. He admitted that after I told him I didn't want to end up like Terri Schiavo, and he fully agreed that what happened to her was awful. So we tore up the Living Will, and that's the end of that.

Got the last scan done yesterday afternoon. The chemo port went in this morning. Now I'm good to go for chemo next week. My hats arrived in today's mail, and the wig should be in any day now. (If I learn to like not having hair, can I keep it shaved? Believe it or not I've discovered there are some advantages to not having any.)



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>