<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 16, 2007




NOMINATED FOR A GRAMMY IN BLUES AND DEDICATED TO CHRIST

Pop music star known for "The Wanderer", "Runaround Sue", and his spot on the album cover of the Beatles' "Sgt. Petter's Lonely Hearts Club Band" has a different message for the world:

Fame brought drugs and the fast life for many pop stars decades ago, but for the singer known as Dion it also came with an emptiness and a voracious hunger for more.

"I was always seeking," said Dion DiMucci, now 67 years old and a member of St. Jude Parish in Boca Raton.

"In the '60s, I used to pray, 'God, I want to know the truth. Why am I here? I am open and I am ready,'" he told the Florida Catholic, newspaper of the Palm Beach Diocese. "I had a powerful religious experience," he said. "It changed my life and I have never been the same since."

DiMucci believes that experience has given him the secret to peaceful living and a good life, and he wants to share his insights with men and teen boys.

So the artist, nominated for a Grammy (in the Blues category) for his latest album, "Bronx in Blue," does so at events in the Palm Beach Diocese, such as a Spiritual Rally for Men planned for March.

DiMucci tells the story of how he began to reap great rewards along with career success when he slowed down and began to pray and study the teaching of the church and Christ.


Read the rest of the story...



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>