<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 13, 2006




OLD TESTAMENT PROPHECY FULFILLED IN CHRIST

Zacharias 13:7 (Douay Rheims) Foretells Jesus being abandoned by His disciples. Zacharias began prophesying in 520 B.C.

Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that cleaveth to me, saith the Lord of hosts: strike the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn my hand to the little ones.


The Prophecy fulfilled:

Matthew 26:31 (Douay Rheims)

Then Jesus saith to them: “All you shall be scandalized in me this night. For it is written: “I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be dispersed.”


Matthew 26:56 (Douay Rheims)

Now all of this was done, that the Scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then the disciples all leaving him, fled away.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>