<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 18, 2006




AWOL

It's another rainy day in northeast Ohio. One of far too many of late. The sun made an appearance, and I thought I had spoken nicely about it in the hope that it could be persuaded to stay around awhile, but alas...

Got the lawn mowed yesterday, thankfully. Grass grows quickly tall when it's watered well. On the bright side, the new grass seed I had planted is turning into lots of green shoots, so the bare spots are getting smaller.

The groundhog made a brief stop in the year on his way to greener pastures beyond the neighbor's fence. His home seems to be under another neighbor's storage shed. Since the shed was sold recently, along with the house, and the new neighbors were busy working in the yard yesterday, he must have been looking for quieter surroundings under our storage shed after the lawn had been mowed. In any case, he is no longer two-tone. Last time I saw him, the back part of him was a dark gray-brown and the front part of him was tan. Today he is a dull brown.

The woodpecker made a stop at the feeder earlier, but I haven't seen the rosy throated grossbeak since his visit last week. He must have been on his way to summer feeding grounds elsewhere.

The clemantis is about to burst into bloom now that I have finally learned that you don't cut them down to the ground in the fall if you want to see blossoms the following spring. There are a lot of buds on it.

Now that I've bored you to death with this nonsence, I'm going back to the book that has my full attention today. When I get it finished, I'll tell you about it.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>