<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 26, 2006




TALKING IN CHURCH

I've complained about it before, but today's infraction exceeded every previous example of talking in church.

For some reason the kids were restless at Mass. Ok, parents can't help it, and none of them created a lengthy fuss. There just seemed to be a lot of them. I had been struggling with tuning it out all the way through Mass. It was during the silent time after communion that I happened to hear the woman behind me point this out to her pewmate.

I know who this woman was from exchanging the peace sign with her. She has snow white hair, which gives you some idea of her age. She is a regular at the Mass I usually attend, and always sits in the same section. Apparently today is her birthday, since someone had pointed that out to the grandchild sitting next to her. The conversation that made my communion thanksgiving impossible went something like this:

"Here's is a picture of my neighbor's new dog. She's just a tiny little thing. Isn't she cute."

The picture was passed down the row, and I seem to recall others making comments, but I can't recall just what they said, because by this time I was pretty angry.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>