<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 01, 2006




THE NEW YEAR'S CALENDAR

They've been made available to parishes, courtesy of funeral homes usually, for as long as I can remember. In recent years in my area, the funeral homes quit providing them, and the Catholic cemetary association took over. Now the Catholic cemetary association has stopped providing them, and one local funeral home provided them just for my parish. Which was generous of them.

The pictures are lovely landscape scenes. It's the first Catholic calendar I've seen with nature pictures instead of religious pictures. Granted, they are pictures of God's creation. Which is lovely. It just isn't particularly religious. I would think that the Sierra Club would be equally delighted with this calendar. Or even an association of American atheists.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>