<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 13, 2005




OPUS DEI

In a recent blog I put a question to Robert Duncan about Maria del Carmen Tapia's book BEYOND THE THRESHOLD: A LIFE IN OPUS DEI. He answered briefly in a comments box, and has blogged a longer answer at Spero Forum. His answer is so even-handed that there is little I can say in response.

I do remember the email exchange between Robert and myself that he refers to in which he told me he is a member of OD. At the time I assumed he would not want that broadcast on a blog. I guess I was wrong.

Since he seems to be inviting questions, I have one. Some time ago I searched the web to see what I could learn about OD, and discovered how politically well-placed the organization is in at least some areas. So well placed, in fact, that they would be a formidable enemy. I discovered that there seems to be a veil of secrecy over the organization, in spite of Robert's willingness to answer questions. It was not clear to me when I finished just what OD was intending to accomplish.

Something else surfaced in that investigation. Many websites claim that OD is the Catholic masonic lodge. How does a member of OD respond to that charge?



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>