<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 02, 2005




JESUIT CHASTITY

or more specifically the definition of chastity, which is the subject of one of the threads in Dom's blog. He discusses an old blog by Diogenes, and the ways that the word can be nuanced to mean whatever someone wants to say it means. The line of thinking in the comments is interesting.

Monica gives the standard definition - chastity means no sex unless you are having sex with your wife or husband.

Tess wades in with "Priests however do have a Bride, the Church."

Since the talk revolves around sex between a man and woman married to each other, and since that is being compared to a priest who is wedded to the Church, the next thought that jumped into my mind is priests f--- the Church, which of course is totally irrevent and gross to think let alone say. But there it is...

And the conclusion that follows immediately is that that is precisely what some of the priests have done using the laity's children as vehicles.

The discussion and my thinking have become disgusting, revolting, nauseating.

Those who want to change the Church have forced all of us to discuss things we would never have even thought just five years ago. I speculate about priests in ways I could never have fathomed in my worst nightmare five years ago. I know things I don't want to know about priests, about bishops, about Popes.

And just when I'm at this low point, along comes B16 telling me it isn't necessary to belong to this Church in order to be saved.

Well. If I don't need to belong, why on earth should I, and so why do I?

Mark Shea doesn't even have to comment for me to know the kind of venom this blog would elicit from him.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>