<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 09, 2005




FR. McNICHOL'S ICON OF OUR LADY OF MEDJUGORJE: THE BURNING BUSH

an apparition that does not have church approval. God spoke to Moses from a burning bush. Is there a subtle implication here?

==============================

More McNichols Icons

Mother of God: She Who Carries Me That's the look I used to give my daughter when she was young and disobedient.

Icon of the Holy Spirit Correct me if I'm wrong, Justin, but in the Orthodox tradition of iconography, the Holy Spirit and God the Father cannot be depicted. Only Christ can be depicted because only Christ assumed human form. Of course we're talking about a bird here.

Fr. Solanus Casey I thought icons were supposed to be about God, the angels, and saints. Fr. Casey is none of these.

When was Mychal Judge canonized? Or Gerard Manley Hopkins? (And what's with the bluebird?)

When was theologian Bernard Lonergan canonized? He's wearing a halo.

When was Anne Katherine Emmerich canonized? Last I knew she was a blessed.

Is this supposed to be an icon of Princess Diana?

I think this priest makes up his own doctrine. Based mostly on sentiment and very little on theology.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>