<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 17, 2005




A PRIEST AND HIS PAINTINGS

Over at Bettnet, Dom and commenters have been tracking the activities of a priest in the Boston Diocese, Father Michael Monti Parise.

"As a Catholic priest, I find that I can express my feelings, my spirit and my ideals through painting. I have been painting with acrylics on canvas since 1996 and my portfolio includes over fifty paintings thus far. Most of them are in a 30" x 40" format."


What ideals would those be, Father?

Check out the "New Work (as of September 1, 2004)" link which will take you here. WARNING: bodies lacking clothing.

These paintings appear (or appeared yesterday) on the parish website. Today they are not accessible, and Dom speculates about why.

This priest is listed on the Calendar of queer art events.

He participates in Gay Art Forum.

And you thought priests were kept busy dispensing the sacraments, didn't you? ;-)

Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us!



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>