<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 24, 2004




GIVING THANKS

Enable me, O my God, to thank You as I ought for all Your great blessings and favors. You formed me out of nothing. You redeemed me to share in the divine life of grace. You made me a member of the body of your Son, the Church. You have given me the opportunity of working for the building up of that body. You have preserved me from the punishment I deserve for my sins and have given me the grace of repentance even though I have not ceased to offend you. What return, O my God, can I make for Your inumerable blessings and particularly for the favors of this day?

Teach me to be generous. Teach me to serve You as You deserve, to give and not to count the cost, to fight and not to heed the wounds, to toil and not to ask for rest, to labor seeking no reward but that of knowing that I do Your will.



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

And now for a little humor...

A turkey farmer was always experimenting with breeding to perfect a better turkey. His family was fond of the leg portion for dinner and there were never enough legs for everyone. After many frustrating attempts, the farmer was relating the results of his efforts to his friends at the general store get together. "Well I finally did it! I bred a turkey that has 6 legs!"

They all asked the farmer how it tasted.

"I don't know" said the farmer. "I never could catch the darn thing!"



HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE !







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>